What a joyous time of year! Thanksgiving is only 3 days away and Christmas is just 34 days away! Can you believe it!?!
The older I get, the faster time flies by! Have you noticed that?
Another thing I have noticed as I get older, is that I am thankful for so much more.
I suppose that's natural. When you're young and feeling invincible, and everything is about yourself, you don't necessarily think about what to be thankful for, except perhaps for getting that iPhone for your birthday. :)
But, in the grand scheme of things, we're here on this earth for an incredibly short period of time. Being thankful for that is a no-brainer. Making the most of every day is essential because, who knows when it will be your last?
Every day, I am thankful for:
* the good Lord for waking me up and being by my side every day
* my extraordinary husband, who gives of himself every day, who loves with his whole heart, and who is there every day, supporting me (and others). He's my rock!
* my good health (after 2 bouts of breast cancer, I am ALWAYS grateful for this!)
* my beautiful family
* my wonderful friends
* living in an amazing place with a roof over my head
* having the ability to put food on my table, pay my bills, and buy all necessities without worrying about it
* helping my community become a better place
* having written and published 3 thriller novels (who knew I'd ever accomplish this!?!)
* having a sharp mind that allows me to help others and do the things I love
* being able to travel and explore this incredible world in which we live
* our military, for working to keep us safe and free, and for their families who hold down the fort when their spouses are gone. God bless them one and all!
* all first-responders for being willing to run into danger when everyone else is running away from it, and despite the many who want to see them defunded. God bless them one and all!
* living in the United States (despite our problems, this is still the best place to live...and I've been to many places around the world)
What are YOU thankful for this year?
Throughout this holiday season, my wish for you is happiness, good health, good times with family and friends, and good eating. :)